Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Had avacsular necrosis and reiters. Have bulging disks neck and back osteoarthritis. Suffer pain. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 550 Questions
last time to see specialist in rheumatology is dr.Oki in 2005 works at kuakini hospital he had tried all those drugs to treat reumatoid arthritis but that was not wat i had avacsular necrosis and reiters. Now i have bulging disks neck and back osteoarthritis showing allover body. says excerise but i cant even get out of bad maybe just 2in a wk, even to walk short i am so sore for 2 daysback and hip pains exscrutiating. now i have pulmanary nodules on both lungs so even harder to breathe no outdoors if vog high heat. pain starts midback and wraps around ribs to chest neck. i really need to see new person anyone here in HI u can refer me that can be patient to take me on and what other new things outhere i can try. very disperatefor a dr. looking for a challenge
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fibromyalgia needs a multidisciplinary treatment

Detailed Answer:
Fibromyalgia with chronic back pain may be a difficult area sometimes.
However, what we are looking at is some anti-inflammatory drugs like NSAIDs and some other drugs, the ones that are approved for this condition are duloxetine, pregabalin and milnacipran.
These are the drugs, which are generally recommended for your condition.
So I suggest that along with drugs you may require good physiotherapy , he may start you on physical therapy and subsequently put you on graded exercises to help with the pain.
The third area, which may help you, is available with a psychologist called cognitive behavioral therapy, which should also help you to overcome pain.
I think a combination of these should help you get back to normal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had avacsular necrosis and reiters. Have bulging disks neck and back osteoarthritis. Suffer pain. Treatment? 1 hour later
I did give a physiotherapists a try for 6 treatments. I could not get out of bed for wks. i had to try go everyother wk cause i was in so much pain. I think the combination of all the arthritis, necrosis and then fibromyalgia really i feel like a yo-yo. also since this newer diagnosis of nodules on lungs for some reason is really causing weekly midback pain that goes to ribs chest and its so tight i can not breathe. I no everyone is saying i must exercise but if i am always inflamed how can i do it. i do acupuncture to calm it down and been doing deep tissue to loosen up the tightness in back and chest, but following wk its other part of body. i cant keep up with the cost, here in hawaii they dont cover these services. I also did cortisone shot under x-ray not sure what they call that one, on my lower back and that lasted maybe a good 2months.but now my hips is really bothering me. surgeons i have seen due to my age and because of numerous sites dont even want to do surgery. did decompresion and bone grafts in 2002. in 3 months grafts disapeared and it took me 2yrs to walk again but still had to use crutches, XXXXXXX and wheelchair for say like just walking around for more than half hour. I am really in a rut and i need to be given a chance by a dr. here on the island of oahu. so please if any of you have any contacts i really need that. i dont have money or strength to try dif. specialits. Like i said was treated by the top choices Dr. XXXXXXX Oki. He had no patience at all. Pls. read my info very well leaving out lots of things i am asking about.
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is the treatment recommended at present

Detailed Answer:
I can understand what you are going through, but frankly speaking the drugs and other non-pharmacologic treatments I referred to, is what we have to offer.
I am sorry but I would not be able to recommend a rheumatologist in your area, as I am unaware of the doctors there.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor