Had an EKG. What are the diagnosis?
this was for a physical for employment is this an issue or within the normal range.
Yes sir, it could be an issue; need to investigate
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing in.
Let me help you to understand your ECG (EKG) better by addressing each parameter and its meaning.
Borderline inferior 'Q' waves: I am sorry to inform you that 'Q' waves are seen when there is either a block in the heart; or due to a current or old myocardial infarction (MI), which is a heart attack; in the inferior leads of the heart
Borderline ST elevation: Is a characteristic feature of an MI, and when seen along with the presence of 'Q' waves, unfortunately MI is usually the cause
Sinus bradycardia: Is a slow heart rate; considered when the heart rate is lower than 60 beats per minute
Your blood pressure is normal at 110/80 mm Hg
In such a scenario, it is best to immediately check for cardiac enzymes (if they are elevated, this confirms a recent cardiac event). A repeat EKG would also be required, along with an echocardiography (which is a scan of the heart). The reason why these tests are recommended is because we will have to rule out a possible heart attack, and if god forbid it is diagnosed, then we will have to initiate treatment immediately. I hope you understand why this can be an issue sir.
Please re-visit your doctor at the earliest and request for the above investigations. You can also write back to me for any further clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does an unconfirmed diagnosis on an ekg mean
- What can an eeg diagnosis
- What is minimal ptb diagnosis
- What is the diffrential diagnosis of this case
- What is nursing diagnosis for rhinoplasty
- Palpitations blurry vision normal ekg want diagnosis
- What is the nursing diagnosis for hepatosplenomegaly
- Had an ekg what are the diagnosis
- What to do with marfans diagnosis
- What does diagnosis mean
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...