Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Had abortion done. Now planning for second child. Will there be any problem in conceiving?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 7255 Questions
Hello doctor,

I have 3 years old baby, We are in the idea of second baby now. I have done two times abortion post my first child.
Is there any chance to affect anything for the second baby which i have planned now.
Kindly advise.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 22 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

There are certain things that you need to exclude if you plan to conceive now. As you underwent two abortions previously, the status of your tubes must be observed;with an uneventful abortion they are most likely to be patent. A pelvic/trans-vaginal sonogram may be needed to look for any pathology as a routine. If you have any menstrual cycle disturbances, they need to be corrected so as to ensure proper prediction of the fertile period.

If everything is fine, there should be no difficulty in conceiving and going through the pregnancy uneventfully. You may start taking folic acid and healthy diet. You may consult a specialist before going ahead with your plan to see if everything is fine.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had abortion done. Now planning for second child. Will there be any problem in conceiving? 47 minutes later
thank you for revert.
there is no problem in menustral so far. This month only i supposed to get menustral on 3rd or 4th april i.e 6 days back, but till now i did not get the menustral. Since i have doubt.
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 15 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

If you have missed a period, you can get a urine pregnancy test now with a fresh early morning sample. If you do not get a positive in the first instance, you may repeat the test after a couple of days and see. If you wish to go for an earlier and better confirmation, you may get a serum beta-hCG measurement and a trans-vaginal sonogram. You can get a definite observation. You should visit a specialist with the results for a physical exam and opinion.

Hope I have clarified your doubt. Please get back if you have any more queries. I will be ready to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor