Had abortion. Conceived again. Torch test done. Is there any complication?
two days back i conceived again and went to doctor and she advised for a Torch Panel test I had a TORCH test done, which
indicated ANITBODY TO RUBELLA (IgG) 18.01 U/ML
ANTIBODY TO CYTOMEGALOVIRUS (IgM)-(value-0.24 negative
ANTIBODY TO CYTOMEGALOVIRUS (IgG)- (value - 53.8 U/ml Positive).
The other parameters were negative. I went and shown th ereports to doctor ,she advised us to take TORCH FREE CAPSULES for 1 month and said let us hope for the best,which worried us a lot
I would like to ask you whether any issues with pregnancy and what precautions we need to take to give birth to a healthy baby. Thanking u
Thanks for the query.
Ig M antibody suggests active and recent infection.
Ig G antibody suggests previous infection or immunity.
Since cytomegalovirus Ig M is negative, you do not have active infection and your baby will not be affected. Nothing to worry.
I recommend you to:
1. Continue folic acid tablets
2. Get a detailed anomaly scan at 20 weeks.
3. Have balanced diet XXXXXXX in iron and calcium.
4. Moderate exercise.
5. Be tension free and enjoy your pregnancy.
Hope this helps. You can write to me anytime for further clarifications.
Regards and take care,
for a period of 1 month ,and doctor what is the Anomaly scan? Appreciate ur help
I appreciate your quick response.
Yes, You need to take both folic acid and TORCH FREE capsules for one month.
Anomaly scan is an ultrasound done routinely on all pregnant women to make sure baby is growing well.
Hope i have answered both your queries.
1. My weight is 91 kgs is that A concerned?
2. what diet should i take for breakfast n lunch n dinner and what juices can i have, can i add salt to my food which i take?
3. can i take ECOSPRIN 75 MG TABLET along with FOLIC AND TORCH FREE CAPS?
4. MY DOCTOR SUGGESTED TO HAVE A ULTRA SOUND SCAN ON 20 FEB 2013 (LAST MENSES PERIOD IS 31 DECEMBER 2012) IS THAT FINE AND IS THIS SAME AS WHAT U SAID ANOMALY SCAN ?
Awaiting for ur reply and thank you very much and appreciate ur time and answers.
Let me answer you one by one.
1. It is better if you reduce your weight to decrease chances complications of pregnancy like gestational diabetes and hypertension.
2.Dietary restriction is not advised in pregnancy. Take low carbohydrate breakfast made of wheat for breakfast. Include XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and lot of salad for lunch and dinner. Avoid fried food and sweets.
Among fruits you can have XXXXXXX and orange.
Keep salt to minimum. Avoid papad and pickle.
3.You can take ecosporin tablets with folic acid.
4.Ultrasound at 20 weeks is same as anomaly scan which i mentioned.
Hope i have answered all your queries.
You can ask me direct questions at my link below:
Regards and take care,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drug test at abortion clinics
- Conceiving after abortion
- Smear test after abortion
- Hiv testing before abortion
- Pregnancy test after abortion
- Done torch test cause of abortion
- Is it difficult to conceive after an abortion
- Conceive after abortion is it possible?
- What is complicated abortion
- Will there be complications in conceiving again after an abortion