Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Had a vertigo. Tool oxetol. Experiencing it again. What is causing it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10365 Questions
hello sir. 6 years back ...i got unconsciousness 3 was like vertigo.......then i met neurosurgeon....ct scan was normal but EEG showed some error.....he put me on oxetol for 3 years....i did not take it regularly...i mean i missed it several times....but somehow complete my after 6 years i get same type vertigo again....i feel high nausea and like revolving surroundings and then i was on floor....but i was no longer unconscious....wen i seconds i arise....i m unconscious only for period from feeling vertigo and strike to floor....i mean i was not wid my eyes closed for a time....
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Your symptoms are again suggestive of seizures. You need to restart your treatment after consulting your neurosurgeon.
Prolonged unconciousness is not associated with all types of seizures.
This problem needs a medical attention and investigations like CT scan and EEG are entailed. I encourage you to consult a neurologist who can guide you through the tests.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had a vertigo. Tool oxetol. Experiencing it again. What is causing it? 5 hours later
doctor when i got last time seizures , i got up from very XXXXXXX sleep...may be it happen that ? if it is recurrence then is it in aggravated form or not.? i was not in unconscious for a long time....i was only for short time...and fully conscious about time and place?
can it be other any serious disease?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for writing again.

Without proper examination and investigations it is difficult to assess the severity of disease. Recurrence can happen in a milder form too and it can gradually progress without proper treatment.

You need to consult a Neurophysician for proper diagnosis.

Hope my answer is helpful. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor