Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Had a stinging and pain on anus. Better after using preparation H and sitz bath. Had lump and fissures with blood

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1962
Answered : 693 Questions
Yes the past couple days I have had a stinging and pain on my anus. It is most noticible when I am sitting, in the middle of standing motion and walking. It seems to feel better after using preparation H or some ointment as well as a sitz bath or hearing pad. It seems that it might be an XXXXXXX hemroid due to I can feel a lump. On the other hand it feels like a fissure due to blood at times but not all the time. I am worried that it could be the C word but wanted to know what you think. There are days when it almost feels like it is getting better until a bowel movement.
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 2 hours later
Hello, XXXXX
Thank you for contacting XXXXXXX with your concern.
From your description of pain and the fact that you are
able to feel a lump , points to a condition called "Thrombosed
Hemorrhoids " . In other words , these are a bunch of blood
vessels or veins which get blocked by clots. This causes severe
pain in the rectal area and especially with a hard stool and straining,
could give you problems. These may include bleeding , infection etc.
You mention some relief with rectal cream or ointment and sitz baths.
You are doing the right thing. You can take stool softener daily.
If the steps you are taking are not helping, it is time for you
to make an appointment with a proctologist or a gastroenterologist.
You may need a sigmoidoscopy and treatment of hemorrhoids by
laser or banding.
As to your concern about cancer , at your young age colon cancer
is extremely rare . Only certain familial types of cancers can occur
if you have a very strong family history. I would not worry about that.
I wish you the very best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor