Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

148 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Had a small sore on collar bone. It is painful while running. Is there any danger?

Answered by
Dr. Anil Grover


Practicing since :1981

Answered : 922 Questions

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: HI,,, my son had a small sore on his XXXXXXX that the Dr. said to watch for infection about 3 months ago. it has healed over, but is a bit is smaller than a pencil eraser, but he is complaining that he feels an indent in his XXXXXXX bone under the sore, and it is painful when he runs. Could the infection have gone inwards and attacked the bone?
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified medical specialist with an additional degree in Cardiology. I read your question with diligence.
There are two aspects to your question? Could it be infection? If not then what is it and how to go about it?l

Signs of infections are:
1.Pain without m.oving the part
3.Swelling &
4. Warmth over the area. May have fever.
You have described none so an unlikeely to be infection. Moreover infection which goes inside infect the bone and manifest as sinus or opening discharging pus from the skin. That is not the case.

The clue to reaching diagnosis you have given is pain on movement. So scar of healed infection is hinging onto a structure which is affected during movement muscle tendon or nerve. A removal under local anesthesia should not take more than a visit to hospital and twenty minutes time ther and the young man should be fine.
If there is further query which you might have I will be most happy to answer. Good Luck.
RegardsWith Best Wishes:
Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD (Medicine) DM(Cardiology)
Cardiologist and Internist
http:/ WWW.WWWW.WW

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on