Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Had a nissen fundoplication. Unable to eat due to lump in throat. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
I had a nissen fundoplication re do 4 weeks ago and have a lump of wind in my throat which is stopping me eating
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking ito your problem I would like to tell you that this can be a complication of Nissen fundoplication like gas bloat syndrome . Although nothing can be said with confirmation but this remains the main possibility. In this mechanical ability of the stomach to eliminate swallowed air by belching is impaired , leading to an accumulation of gas in the stomach , throat or small intestine . Other possibility can be difficulty in swallowing because the stomach is wrapped too high on the esophagus or is wrapped too tightly . You need to consult your treating doctor for this because he is the best judge of the situation and this problem can be assessed by your treating team only whether it is related to surgery or something else is going on. Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor