Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Had a lump in the bottom of spine in childhood. Now suffering from bipolar. Was the lump overlooked?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Neurologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 146 Questions
When my son was little he had a lump on the bottom of his spine. He walked late,talked late and has pddnos and at age 24 bilpolar rapid cycle 1 . Today he is 29 and could that lump have been overlooked ? Causing most of the situation he is in today?
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 1 hour later
Brief Answer: LUMP OVER SPINE Detailed Answer: DEAR SIR HELLO I have gone through your son,s history in detail . It seems he is suffering from SPINAL MENINGOCELE/MENINGOMYELOCELE . Delayed developmental milestones in these patients is mainly due to further congenital anomalies present in these kids . May i suggest you to 1 Get his MRI BRAIN to rule out any intracranial anomaly./hydrocephalus . 2 Get his complete MRI SPINAL AXIS to confirm location/size of meningomyelocele . 3 Get his TOTAL IQ TESTING from neuropsychologist to rule out any mental retardation etc 4 Please consult a neurosurgeon for complete examination & further management. Thanx Wishing for a speedy recovery Dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX Director Deptt. of neurosurgery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor