Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Had a hysterectomy. Have lasting hot flashes and prespire profusely. Take chlorstal for BP. Suggest?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago. I still have terrible long lasting hot flashes ( what my Dr. calls them). But I prespire profusely every day while doing nothing. Standing. combing my hair or putting my make up on. Preparing a meal. Then I feel weak & wiped out. I don't feel this is normal. My Dr. Says I just have a over hot body. I take. b/p meds. Chlorstal meds. & break out in huge hives every night if I don't take a zertec tab. every night. PLease help me. I'm so tired living like this. Everyone around me will be cold while I'm always dripping wet hot to the bone. XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 27 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

Increased FSH levels are responsible for postmenopausal symptoms and usually these symptoms will subside after few years of hysterectomy.
But as you are having them for long period, better to go for:
-Thyroid profile once.
-Try tranquilizers to decrease anxiety.
-You can use phytoestrogens for few months with your doctor's advice, as these can help in decreasing the FSH levels.
With this workup possibly your symptoms will decrease.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor