Had a dry cough , (possibly from dry mouth from
Dry cough can cause rib pain.
Thanks for your question on Ask a doctor forum.
I can understand your concern.
Dry cough can cause musculoskeletal pain in ribs. So no need to worry much for this rib pain, it is mostly due to dry cough. Is there bruising at site of rib pain? Does the rib pain get worse on touching?
In my opinion, you should drink plenty of fluids orally and keep yourself hydrated. Avoid hard to chew food.
Take antihistamine drug like levocetrizine or fexofenadine for tonsils. You can also take simple painkiller like paracetamol or ibuprofen. This will help in tonsil and rib pain.
No need to worry for rib shifting and all. Apply warm water pad on affected areas of chest (ribs).
Also do warm water gargles 5-6 times a day. This will help in tonsil pain.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?