Had a colonoscopy. Took golytely for rectal bleeding. Give me the suggestion

Dr. Varanasi Pundarikaksha

Pediatrician

Posted on Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I had a colonoscopy on Thursday and they told me I was completely backed up even though I had drank the entire gallon of prescription GoLYTELY mix I am having a colonoscopy on Monday afternoon because of rectal bleeding and I am going to be taking 2 gallons of GoLYTELY and 4 Duca lacks and three days of clear liquids and just started the prednisone pack 4mg for back pain because I don't take narcotics and ibuprofen might make me bleed (will that affect the colonoscopy)
Answered by Dr. Varanasi Pundarikaksha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: avoid all drugs that cause bleeding Detailed Answer: Thanks for your interest in XXXXXXX Colonoscopy needs completely empty rectum and large bowel to have full and complete view of the bowel,particularly in bleeding per anum to find out the location and cause of bleeding. The drug prednisone can also produce bleeding in the gut, it is advised to avoid all drugs that cause bleeding as a complication.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E