Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Had a collision. Experiencing bruise and pain around eye and temple. Should I go for cat scan?

Jun 2015
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 3337 Questions
Yesterday while playing sports I had a collision. The bone around my eye socket, the tip of the cheek and part of my temples is bruised and slightly tender to the touch. Should I have a cat scan or will I be ok? I don't feel dizzy or disoriented.
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

According to the symptoms as mentioned in your post, the injury does not seem to be a severe one.
Symptomatic relief can be obtained by taking analgesics, ice compression & adequate rest.

However, if there is any hidden injury to the brain or minor intra-cranial bleeding, then it may take some time for the symptoms to develop.
So it is important to maintain caution for 1 week.

If the symptoms still persist or associated with any other complaints like dizziness, vomiting, loss of consciousness, convulsions, etc., then it will be better to consult your Physician.

Investigations like X XXXXXXX of the head & neck region and CT scan will be helpful to rule out any fracture to the facial & cranial bones or any trauma to the brain.

There is no need to worry, you will be fine.

Wishing you a good health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor