Had a brachial plexus injury. Have dizziness, shivers and pain in back, arms and wrists. Suggestion?
Thanks for posting your query.
The multiple symptoms that you are having which started with a syndrome aggravated by stress and anxiety. These are mostly minor symptoms and do not indicate a serious problem.
I would advise that you support your body with good hydration, adequate sleep, a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise regimen. Exercise is actually good for the immune system which is why I suggest it here. In addition you can supplement your diet with some Vitamin C - 1000 mg daily and consider drinking some immune boost type of tea such as Echinacea which is readily available at most supermarkets.
In addition to the above measures, here are some of the treatment options which you can follow:
1) When you have such symptoms, breathe slowly through the nose and talk to your family and friends.
2) Do not take caffeine of alcohol at night just before going to bed.
3) Indulge in yoga and meditation to calm your mind.
4) You can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for brachial plexus injury
- Brachial plexus injury causes
- Types of brachial plexus injuries
- Brachial plexus injuries treatment
- Brachial plexus injury during surgery
- Lower brachial plexus injury
- Diagnosis of brachial plexus injury
- Congenital brachial plexus injury
- Treatment and cure for brachial plexus injury
- Symptoms of brachial plexus injury
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...