Had a D&C. have nausea and uneasiness. Chances of molar pregnancy?

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: I had a D&C on about 1 and a half weeks ago.. they wanted to rule out a molar pregnancy however i never got a call back with any results. since then i have felt nauseous and uneasy. i have had stomach pains. im having difficulty with making bowel movements and brown thick muddy discharge that wont stop. all my muscles ache as well as constant headaches. can you help?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

After D&C some amount of spotting can be seen for one to two weeks.
But as you are having other associated side effects like nausea, pain abdomen etc., better to get examined once to rule out the possibility of pelvic inflammatory disease.
Your doctor might have called you if there was any evidence of molar pregnancy.
Now you consult your doctor once and go for physical examination and ultrasound.
And also enquire about your previous reports.
With this primary workup the possible cause for your problem can be made out and treatment can be taken accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN