Had a Blood test done when I had Gairdia. I
After taking Metronidazole for 10 days then waiting approx 10 odd days I had another blood test and it came back with
Neutrophils of 2.7 and high lymphocytes of 4.4
Total white cell count is 7.9.
I’m concerned that it’s been a big swing and reverse shift, now I have lower neutrophils and high lymphocytes. Stomach is still sore/sore back and stool is a dark colour.
Why is this, what could it be?
What should I do? Further tests etc?
Hello and thank you for asking
I have bene carefully through your question.
The high lymphocytes and low neutrofils It's usually a harmless, temporary situation, as can occur after an illness ,like in your case.
I will suggest a stool exam to control the situation after dhe treatment and to be sure if you need further treatment
No ,you have not to worry about that diagnosis
Was just concerned due to how they have changed.
Why would the Neutrophils go from 7 to 2.7 and the lymphocytes go from 3.8 to 4.4?
It seems like s dramatic shift?
Was/still concerned that it is leukaemia due to searching saying higher than 4/5 can indicate this.
You should not be concerned
Because as I said before all this situation it’s coming from your actual diagnosis
The exams will turn normal .You may repeat your exams after 15-20 days again
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does this blood report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for severe hand cramps
- Suggest treatment for bloating and severe lower abdominal pain while...
- What does a PSA reading of 162 indicate?
- What do intermittent constipation episodes indicate?
- What causes fatigue and dizziness while suffering from supraventricular...
- What causes a bulging vein on the temple of a child?
- What does a large soft lump in the testicular sac indicate?
- What causes persistent pain in the leg after knee surgery?
- Suggest treatment for severe dizziness