Had IUI. Suggested to insertgestone vaginally and Inject lupride. Any harm if I am pregnant?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: i had iui on 12th XXXXXXX doctor prescried me to insert cap. gestone (200) vaginally. and Inj. lupride (1mg) on 19th, 20th and 21st. whether lupride is harmful for my baby if i m pregnant
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 48 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX,

Gestone is vaginal progesterone preparation, which is ideally recommended after IUI in order to provide luteal phase support - support to the growing pregnancy in case fertilization occurs.

Lupride is a hormonal injection that is sometimes given on day 14 of IUI in order to trigger ovulation if chances of hyperstimulation of ovaries are there.
However, since you have already had your IUI, the dose mentioned on the days that you have mentioned , is not making sense to me.

Also, for endometriosis, fibroids etc, it is given on Day 21 of the cycle, but it is unheard of to give it on day 21 of the cycle after IUI. Lupride is contraindicated in women who have a chance of getting pregnant, and so after an IUI, it is further ruled out.

Please get in touch with your treating doctor immediately as it is 19th , and before taking the injections, you should be clear about the indication and if any inadvertent error has been made in prescription.

Please get back to me for further clarifications.
Awaiting your response.
All the best with your IUI cycle.