Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Had GERD problem, was on medicine for a month and the problem had gone.Now it is back again.Endoscopy is required?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
I had GERD problem few month back. I had consulted a doc and was on medicine for a month. After that, the problem was gone.
In the starting of last month i had regular burning sensation after having my food. Even after foods without spices and oil, i use to had this burning sensation for 1 or 2 hours after food. I went to the doctor and he had prescribed me Ganaton tablets for a month. I stopped it after a month. Now again, i feel same burning sensation in my chest after having food. This time its not regular but i feel it once or twice in a week.
Should i go for endoscopy? What are the side effects of endoscopy? What will be the total cost? Will it be covered in health insurance?
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

Yes you should go for an upper Gi Endoscopy

There are no apparent side effects of the same

The Cost varies from hospital to hospital and ranges from 2500 to 0000 INR

As a diagnostic claim No, but again depends on your policy terms

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries
Get Well Soon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor