question-icon

Had D&C and hysterscopic procedure. Prescribed Tranexamic acid. Having swelling in throat. What can be done?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jun 2013
Question: My wife has undergoen D&C and hysterscopic procedure 3 days back, she has been prescribed Tranexamic acid tablets 500mg BD for 5 days along with Oflox Tablets. She is complaining of swelling in her throat and is unable to swollow and talk. What is the problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham (20 minutes later)
Hello XXXXXXX
Your wife could be having sore throat or upper ENT ( ear , nose and throat ) specialist, and probably go for antibiotics according to throat swab culture.
A rare possibility could be that she is allergic to the drugs she is being given after the D and C and hysteroscopy, and the swelling and edema is due to that.
I would advise you to consult your gynecologist for an initial look, as it is not possible to narrow down the diagnosis without examining her.
Ask her to gargle with lukewarm saline water, and take lozenges like XXXXXXX Vicks etc for the time being.
Avoid oily, spicy food.
Take care, and feel free to discuss further.
Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN