Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Had Cone Biopsy for atypical glandular cells and delay in menstrual cycle. What do you recommend?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1279 Questions
Had Cone Biopsy, last year for atypical glandluar HSIL moderate servere, cell found inside the cervics/glandular squadom cell outside cervics. The doc didn't get enough tissue from the biopsy so the pathologist couldn't determine if had invaded I also got an infection cleared up. I'm have not had a menstrual cycle as it is ( Menopause) had not had a period in a year. Just recently I had symptom of a period mild flow. a water discharge, (tan, no order or itching), I;m exprenicing back pain and hip mild abdominal pain.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need urgent evaluation.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

After analyzing your symptoms, your symptoms are not normal. What I suggest you is urgent evaluation by an OBGy specialist, mainly to do per-speculum examination to look for any cervical lesion or growth, and a per-vaginal examination. I also suggest you to get an ultrasound/CT scan of the pelvis to look for any problem with uterus or ovaries.

Depending on the findings you might require a colposcopic examination of cervix and depending on the endometrial thickness a EB-endometrial biopsy.

From your history I personally feel you should undergo Total hysterectomy after getting evaluated completely. Let Your treating doctor decide it.

Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor