Had Chronic fatigue syndrome. Have dry eyes and mouth, bad teeth, thinning hair, swollen legs and hurt very bad

Dr. Shanthi.E

Posted on Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine
Question: i have many of the symptoms that i read about....last 5 1/2 yrs i was told i had cfs..i see my reg doc tomarrow..made a list soo as not to forger=t also find myself falling asleep while im doing some things..i have dry eyes drry mouth, wsore in mouith..bad teeth...thining hair...nails seem to have stopped growing, my feet ankles and legs are very swollen and hurt very bad...after resting a bit..my heels burn and i can hardly walk...could thid be what is we
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Hi XXXXX

It almost seems like you have confirmed CFS. Good you are meeting your doctor tomorrow.

I am glad you made the list. Do not forget it.

You need to answer yes/no to 4 questions below. If your answer is yes to 2 or more of them, then you are likely to have CFS.

1. I feel tired.

2. I tire easily.

3. I feel fit.

4. Physically, I feel exhausted.

Falling asleep while doing things and a decline in physical activity are in the natural history of the disease CFS.

Regarding your dry mouth and eyes, we probably have to rule out sjogren's disease.

The bad teeth, thinning of hair, lack of nail growth are all changes associated with senility. Do not worry much about them.

The swollen feet and ankles are possibly due to senile Osteoarthritis. Take simple analgesics like Motrin for it if in severe pain.

The burning heel is due to weak and aging nerves. Take methylcobalamin supplements to nourish them.

I hope this helps you to an extent. I would be glad to assist you further.