Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

HSG xray done. Will it be safe to go for surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
hello I have been on here before,, but I wanted a second opinion, i have my hsg xrays I want to show you and I want to see what you think(my falliopion tubes)..let me know then I can sent them,,,i want to know if I can have surgery done, my gyno didnt even discuss anything about my tubes, he just wanted to do ivf but didnt work,,
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Its difficult to say for sure without looking at the plates but from what i can make out from the scans,it seems that there is spillage on one side of the tube.The other side there is a block,mostly a complete block. Now to determine how patent that one tube is,a laproscopic XXXXXXX test could be done.That will determine how patent the tube is.Since you give history of ectopic pregnancy,having a block on one side is expected.
In such a case,its highly possible that the patent tube may also have partial block.Taking in account your history,i would advise IVF also since you may have difficulty in conception naturally due to possible adhesions.Also to note,there is a possibillity of ectopic again.IVF may not be successful in the first time.Most people may need 3-6 cycles before success.You can of course,get a lap XXXXXXX test done to check how patent the tube is.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: HSG xray done. Will it be safe to go for surgery? 31 minutes later

thank you for you reply..i have tried ivf 5 times andnothing :(, and costs alot of money,, i ovulate on my left ovary all the time!!,, how can i ovulate on my right ovary..can adhesions be removed easily?? i have heard ofFelopio Natura which unblocks the tubes and also removes the scars and ahesions. is this true??
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
I cannot comment on herbal treatment since im an allopathic doctor.
If IVF has failed then there could be a endometrial factor involved here.Your isnt strong enough to hold the pregnancy.Adhesiolysis can be done upto a certain extent with the help of laproscopy. According to my knowledge,long standing scars/adhesions etc cannot be removed easily.You can of course,try any alternative treatments if you so wish.No harm in that.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: HSG xray done. Will it be safe to go for surgery? 2 hours later
they checked my endometriam and said that was all ok..I had a hysteroscopy done and said it was ok..i think the ivf is if ur lucky or not, my eggs were grade a and b and 10% fragamation and had 8 cells , 6 cells and 7 cells,, so they were good eggs..i was unlucky i suppose,,,i will do surgery for my tubes but i wanted to get a second opinion,,,,i dont think the uterus has a problem, i have enough problems already!! its hard all of this as I want a baby so much ..
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later
The problem here doesnt seem to be in your eggs.The problem is that after IVF,your uterus is not able to sustain the pregnancy and hold it. That means that the endometrial lining is weak.Now there are some medications like hormones that will help sustain the pregnancy. The quality of your eggs is not in questions.About the tubal surgery,the degree of adhesions can only be determined under vision.As i have mentioned, some amount of adhesiolysis can be done.Hydrotubation sometimes may help in clearing small blockages, if there is a complete severe block then that may not work.All the very best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor