Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

HIV transmission via infected blood in food during cooking?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
hello sir can hiv be transmitted if some amount
infected blood gets into food while cooking accidentally.
I have been diagnosed with abnormal eeg. What to do to control the abnormality.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 21 minutes later

Thanks for query.

Do not worry. This can not transmit HIV.

The virus is very much sensitive to heat; heat kills it readily. When the food is cooked high temperature it can kills the virus if any. Again this is not a mode of transmission of HIV.

The commonest mode of transmission are,
1. Unprotected sex with infected person
2. Using contaminated syringe and needles
3. Taking blood from infected person

Now your second query, You have not written what is wrong in EEG. Please write some more details about the problem that you have and the report of EEG. I will be able to provide you with the necessary information then.

Awaiting for your reply.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an HIV AIDS Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor