Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

HIV RNA level below 20. Am I having HIV?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 554 Questions
So I positive.right doctor? After 8 month I test antibody is nehgative for hiv but pcr rna test is less than 20 coppy /ml so that mean I positive right doctor? Please tell me ,im so worry . After incident needle tick with positive hiv person .I was have some system like urine infection and viginal itchy and pain my neck .I go test antibody hiv at 8 month is negative and one more pcr rna hiv (virus load ) result is less than 20 coppy / ml so that mean I am positive .please tell me soon I am so worry .I going die.
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 7 hours later
Brief Answer: You are negative based on this result Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Don't be panic. After 8 weeks means you already have crossed the window period. Usually antibodies are bound to be positive by this time. HIV RNA level below 20 is not reliable and is considered negative. Moreover recent infections and contamination alter this result. Your vaginal candidiasis can't be attributable to HIV because at an average it takes 8-12 years to manifest as AIDS. So don't worry. Get a repeat testing of antibodies after few days to just back up this report to be negative.' I consider yourself negative based on this test....
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: HIV RNA level below 20. Am I having HIV? 4 hours later
thank Doctor !so if I unprotect sex with my boy friend so he will be ok because I do not have hiv infection (negative based hiv)!THANK dOCTOR
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Be doubly sure by a second test from different lab Detailed Answer: Thanks for follow up. Before going for that I will recommend you to go for a second test from a different standard lab to be doubly sure of HIV negativity. Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an HIV AIDS Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor