Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Groin pain,testicular pain,epididymitis,urologist

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
epididymitis question

I have had groin area pain for 10 months now. I have been to a urologist. and I got a Dx of epididymitis.
I have had two rounds of antibiotics.,and still in pain.
The urologist i was seeing referred me back to my primary care doctor.
I am wondering if the epididymitis Dx is correct. while I was on the second antibiotic , durring the second week of treatment I had testicular pain.

any advice as to what else I could ask my primary care doctor to look into?

the pain is not only in my testicles but seem to move around the groin area. movement seems to make it worse, but sometimes i wake up in the morning and have pain.
pain started when i lifted something heavy. I dont think the Urologist i was seeing should have quit on me that fast., or should i just grin and bare it, and hope it burns itself out.?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 17 hours later

Thanks for the query and the images.

I have gone through the description and the images provided by you. I feel that if Epididymitis, when active is very painful and usually there is very little or no pain when it has subsided.

If your pain has been continuing from the past 10 months, there is a high possibility of having some other pathology.

Let me know if you have any urinary symptoms?

It would be better to discuss with your Ultrasound KUB(kidneys, Urinay bladder) which would help us in ruling out the exact cause. In addition you can consider taking Tab Advil twice daily after meals for 5 days with your doctor's permission and see how you do.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow up.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Groin pain,testicular pain,epididymitis,urologist 5 hours later
Hi Doctor

Let me know if you have any urinary symptoms?
I do not have any urinary symptoms.
I do not have any problems having sex.
this problem is not a sexually transmitted disease.
This groin problem happened after lifting a heavy object.

I will talk to my doctor about getting a ultarsound KUB.

................(what other possible pathology could I have?) .....................
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 23 minutes later

Do get an ultrasound scan and rule out any other pathology such as stone disease.

Your pain appears to be more of muscular origin and the pain killers shall help and also provide long
lasting relief.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor