Green discharge from eye, red eye, unable to open eyelid. Causes ?
Thanks for the query.
The problem, to begin with, about a month ago was Acute Conjunctivitis, which could have been allergic with super added bacterial infection.
Presently you are left with some post conjunctivitis effects, which are compounded by your basic background problems.
Hypothyroidism per se can cause dryness of the eye. That will be taken care of by lubricant eye drops. I presume that when you get up in the morning there no discharge in the eye.That will mean there is no remaining infection in the eye.
So your problem appears to be post conjunctivitis dryness of the eye and the treatment would be artificial tear supplements like Tears Naturale,or Tears PLUS EYE DROPS which can be put in 5-6 times a day.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of any difficulty please do get back to me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Plaquenil,vitreous detachment.Side effect?
- How is eye infection in diabetics treated ?
- Optic atrophy, uveitis. Curable?
- Does cannabis have any side effect causing retina tear ?
- Can driving, swimming, flight journey and involve in sex, 10 days after...
- What are the brown patches in my eye after being hit by a soccer ball?
- Green discharge from eye, red eye, unable to open eyelid. Causes ?
- How is hypermetropia in children treated ?
- Eye pain, taken artificial tears, wear CPAP mask, have type 2 diabetes,...
- Congenital cataract in both eyes, signs of squint. First squint surgery...