Got wrist injury. Noticed inflammation with pain. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Krishna Kumar

Spine Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I had a fall about 15 days back and have hurt my left wrist. the inflammation is still there on the lower palm on the left side and it hurts when i tilt my wrist towards the left or move my wrist to extreme positions. i have got the xray done . i would attach it for your reference. please let me know your views.
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for sharing your problem.

I had seen your x-rays and I do not see any fracture there. But wrist injuries can often involve ligaments which connects the small and large bones. As you have pain on movement to one side,
I suggest you have either elastocrepe bandage or light weight plaster cast for at least 2 weeks. It is for getting sufficient rest for the wrist so that the injured ligaments could heal well.

Dr Krishna Kumar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Krishna Kumar 3 days later
Hello Dr.,

Is there any medicine that i can take to make the healing faster.
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 22 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

There are medicines to relieve the pain and swelling. However, it has to be taken under prescription of a doctor. It would be unethical to prescribe any medication online, without examining you or finding the exact cause.

Thank you