Got vigamox eye drops to treat conjunctivitis. Is it safe to use the same for a child?

Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth

Pediatrician, Neonatology

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I just got diagnosed with conjunctivitis today and got Vigamox eye drops to treat it. My seven year old appears to have conjunctivitis as well tonight. Since this is night-time and all the doctor and urgent care offices are closed, I was wondering if I could give my seven year old the same dosage of 3 drops of Vigamox per day, that I am doing?

Thanks,
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 10 minutes later
Hi Mr XXXXXXX
Yes you can use the same eyes drops - just 2 drops in each eye every 3-4 hrs
It is antibiotic eye drops and you can definitely use it.
Dr Uma