Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Got severe head cold and diarrhea after oral sex. What could it be?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9349 Questions
My boyfriend got a severe head cold and then diarrhea after oral sex. It has happened twice. Can you tell me if I could have an infection that would cause this?
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
This is not likely infection transmissed by you. it is more possible that he has infection such as prostatitis or urinary infection which can cause diarrhea soon after ejaculation.also some men normally have diarrheas after ejaculation due to prostate irritation which is close to bowel.
Std or infection would be manifested by constant symptoms not depending on intercourse. So he should get tested if sympotms persist but at this point I don't think this is indicating anything serious. It can also be viral enterocolitis and he should wait for 5-7 days to see if diarrheas is going to subside. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Got severe head cold and diarrhea after oral sex. What could it be? 20 minutes later
The diarrhea is not the main symptom. And it was oral sex so he did not ejaculate. He developed severe congestion and sore throat. And it has developed two different times after oral sex.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
If you had receptive oral sex then std could be transmissed and he may have throat infection caused by chlamydia or gonnorhea. it would also cause congestion and diarrhea occasionally.
but it is not possible to determine are his symptoms caused by some other standard viral infection which is much more common, or by std without tests. So I recommend to do throat smear test if his symptoms persist and if test is positive you both should be treated by antibiotics. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor