Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Got rheumatoid arthritis and lumbar spondylosis. Having headache. Any suggestion?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
hi , my mother is suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis for last 5 years. Of late she has got Lumbar Spondylosis .
Since last few days she is having head ache in the right side of her head behind the ear, What could be the problem ? She is frustrated with the problem. Please suggest?
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later
Thank you for posting a query.

Look, your description indicates possibilities of a refraction error of eye leading to headache or migraine attack or cluster headache or a high blood pressure.

If she feels any gastrointestinal abnormalities like nausea, hyper-acidity, then there is very high possibility of migraine attack.

You should take her to an ophthalmologist for checking the refraction errors of her eyes. A recent change in refraction error of any one eye may also lead to this problem.

For headache, you should give her a paracetamol group of drug. It will reduce the headache. One pantoprazole group of drug should also be considered.

You should take her to a general physician for a detailed clinical examination to rule out any possibility of high blood pressure and also for further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Got rheumatoid arthritis and lumbar spondylosis. Having headache. Any suggestion? 18 minutes later
Dear Doctor, THanks for the reply. She has just recovered from Gastroentritis, whereby she was admitted to the hospital for 3 days and was on saline drips with anti diahorreal injections. She has dryness in the eyes and uses Refresh Tears, She actually does not have a headache per se but actually it is a crawlling feeling in the right side of the head behind the ears, she says it feels like some thing is moving at the place in the head,she is really getting irritated because of this as she says she has tried all kinds of balms and medicines the neurologist had given her. WHat could be reason of such a feeling ?
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 31 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, such feeling is vague in nature. I mean, it does not indicate towards any particular disease condition.

You have told that she has tried all the medicines and balms. I think she needs more meticulous investigation to rule out any particular disease condition. Consult with her neurologist for Ct scan Or MRI of brain.

Hope you have your answers.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor