Owl Image

Got radiology nuclear medicine results. What are the findings?

Excellent

Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine
Question
Please review radiology nuclear medicine results. what is an acceptable gallbladder ejection fraction and at what point is a gallbladder removal appropriate?
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 3 hours later

I went through the reports and following are my comments:

1. It appears that the Gall bladder (GB) is normally visualised. There is neither gall stone nor any feature suggestive of acute cholecystitis - so there is no indication for gall bladder surgery currently.

2. The GB EF is 80% - that lies within normal limit. The reference value varies between 50 to 80%.

3. Since Inj. CCK was administered and the GB EF lies in normal range - currently there is no indication to go under the knife.

4. In future, a surgery might be needed if you develop fresh symptoms, ultrasound sound reveal gall stones; features of acute inflammation along with fall in GB functions below 30%.

Let me know if you need further clarifications.