Owl Image

Got negative HIV duo test after hand job. What are the risks of HIV and hepatitis?

Owl Image
Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Question
Hi Dr, here my story. From the past 8 month. I always go to massage parlor average 3 times a month . Below is the activity i have done in massage parlor:
1) handjob
2) sucking nipple. she suck mine i suck hers.If she is lactating that time. Am i at risk?
3) french kiss. My mouth always have sores and bleeding sometime.If she is hiv+ and same condition as me and bleeding that time? will i get infected?
4) she sleep next to me with panties on. Her vagina fluid has been contact with my penis head.
5) she on top with pants and use her vagina rub my penis until i ejaculate.
6) while massage , she use her finger and insert into my anus few times. If her finger is bleeding? will i get infected?
7) i use finger and rub her vagina with pants/panties.
8) Body to body massage with panties on. my penis head contact with her wet(vaginal fluid) panties.
9) I naked and she topless with panties on. We hug a lot and we have close contact between my penis and her vaginal.

I DID not do any oral sex / sex with them. On 19th november 2012 i has been for combo hiv test which include p24 antigen + elisa/EIA and result turn negative. It is 17 days ago from my last massage . I think i can move on but i can't, i do another duo test on 3rd december 2012 and negative also. It is 31 days ago from my last massage. I want to know, my duo test on 31 days from last massage activity can conclude i dun have hiv? can it clear all my previous activity on week 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13 ..... Does Hep c delay antibodies produce? what can delay antibodies produce? Do u ever see any1 get hiv from any activity i mention above?
Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 10 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for the detailed information about your sexual exposure and history.

From the activities above 2,3,4,5 have a very low but definite risk of transmitting HIV.
Actual fluid exchange is needed for HIV to transmit.Blood,milk ,vaginal,seminal fluid,pus ,spinal fluid can effectively transmit the infection.
Saliva has natural antiviral properties and it usually does not transmit HIV unless it is contaminated by blood or other fluids.

Duo test is very much dependable.On 31st day of exposure negative results ensure that you are negative for past 3 months.
Hep C does not delay production of antibodies.
Only latent infection can delay production of antibodies.
HIV is known to be transmitted by milk ,blood ,vaginal fluidetc.So if your mucosa like
oral cavity with ulcers in it or penis head with abrasions has came in contact of such fluids ,it can transmit HIV.

Hope this clears your doubts.
If you need further clarification feel free to ask.

Dr S

Follow-up: Got negative HIV duo test after hand job. What are the risks of HIV and hepatitis? 4 hours later
hi Dr , does this mean I m hiv negatives ? from your expert knowledge , do I need to retest again on such incident ? fyi , my last massage activities is on 3 November and I have Elisa test on 17 Nov and combi test at 19 Nov and 3 Dec combi test all negatives . what do u mean by definite risk and duo test is very much dependable
what do u mean by latent infection? can explain?
pls advise .

Hi again,
Yes it means you dont have HIV.
HIV duo test is negative it means that you dont have HIV at present .it is highly dependable means that it is very accurate and it cannot give false results.
The activities described by you suggest that you have a small less than (1 % )chance of HIV.
As your test are negative you are safe.
If you continue to have such activities there is a risk of getting HIV.
Latent infection is the one which has not produced antibodies or clinical infection.
To be sure you will have to undergo HIV testing at 3 months after.some patients who are initially negative can get positive results after 3months.
So re testing at 3 months is must.
Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Got negative HIV duo test after hand job. What are the risks of HIV and hepatitis? 1 hour later
What if those item 3) 4) 5) is 13 weeks ago. but item 2 is 70 days ago. omg..

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 7 hours later
Hi again,
Item 2,3,4,5 are capable of transmitting HIV.
3 months after the last activity Re Testing would be required to be sure of negative results.
So if item 2 is 70 days ago ,a retest would be required 20 days from now.

Hope this makes things clear.
Regards.