Got my blood tests results back with slightly elevated MCH
Not very concerning...
Slightly low MCH and red blood count are sometimes seen with anemia. I would like to know other hemogram parameters - hemoglobin, MCV as well as hematocrit. If you have the blood hemorgram (complete blood count) test results with you, please upload it here.
Low ALP value is usually not significant and doesn't need attention.
Further more, your blood results value are not related to right flank pain. If the pain persist despite pain medications, it would be worthwhile to perform urine examination to make sure we don't miss out urinary tract infection.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.
Reports seem fine...
Apologies for the late reply. I went through the uploaded reports.
1. First RBC is marginally low while MCH was marginally elevated. However all other parameters including hemoglobin, hematocrit as well as RDW are within normal limit. Hence clinically the marginal abnormality is not of relevance. I would not be concerned about those changes.
2. Reports also showed marginally deranged lipids. I hope you are taking care of it.
3. I couldn't find Gluten Igg results. Reference value are not standard. Therefore let me know the reference values notified with the result. If it is above normal, you may be gluten sensitive. That being said, it may not be related to the back pain.
4. All other test results did not show significant nutritional deficiency or urinary tract infection - the two other likely reasons for back ache.
5. So in a nutshell, as all reports are essentially normal, I think the next step forward is to visit an orthopedic surgeon doctor incase the back ache is persistent.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more information.
Elevated Gluten IgG suggest gluten sensitivity / coeliac disease. As I mentioned in my earlier reply, it is less likely the cause of right flank pain. You should restrict all gluten products from your diet. Your local doctor will know about it.
Hope I am clear. Let me know if you need any further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...