Got multiple cut marks on hands with blades. How to remove this marks permanently?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello Sir, This is XXXXXXX from Kolkata. My fiance has got multiple cut marks on her hands from blades. It has been more than four years. Can you please suggest any good solution so that the cut marks won't be visible or those can be removed permanently? Also is there any way we can do that without any surgery please? Please provide me all possible solutions along with tentative expenses.

Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query

Firstly why do you want to get them removed, marks on hands do not carry any cosmetic value whatsoever

Instead ask her to try to avoid the situations which persuade her to cut XXXXXXX with blades, this can be hazardous by causing infection or bad bleeding

Yet, If the cut marks are near by each other you can get them removed by a good plastic surgeon

Depending on Skin grafting or ZPlasty there will be a scar

There are some ointment available which claim to reduce the scars but have doubtful effects

Basically there is no medicine which can help the marks abolish

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries
WIshing your fiance a healthy life ahead
Follow up: Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 6 hours later
Hello Sir,
Thanks a Lot for your reply! Isn't there any other way of of removing the cut marks (like skin Tattoo or any other lesar mechanism)apart from going for skin drafting or Plastic Surgery as she is bit scared of any kind of surgery.
Also can you please let me know the time for healing and rough expenses for Skin drafting/Zplasty that would help us me lot. Is there any side-effect for these surgeries please?

Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Tattoo marks can be removed by InfraRed Coagulation or Laser but as far as cut marks are concerned I do not have any option other than this

The cost and treatment can not be provided as per the rules of the forum without physically examining the patient

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries