Owl Image

Got minor electric shock. Is it normal to get headache, nausea, weakness and foggy feeling in head?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I had a minor elecric shock yesterday off a wire i didnt realise was faulity. I was moved away from the wire although I dont remeber how it happened, it made me scream for a minute or two which was involuntary and didnt sound like me so it took a min to control myself. It left a XXXXXXX accross my finger which is already healing and only leaving two little red marks which stings a little but managable. My hair was frazzeled. (Interesting mad scientist look) The main issue is that after the initial shock of the incident wore off and I had stopped shaking. I was left for all of yesterday with a headache, nausea, weak, dizzy and a foggy feeling in my head. I feel alot better today just tired and a headache. Is this normal?
Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 42 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

It is fortunate that you were removed quickly from the faulty wire, and as a result, any significant problem could be avoided.

I want to reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious problem.

It is fairly normal to feel headaches and dizziness after a minor electric shock.

As of now, there is no need to worry.

For symptom relief, you could take ibuprofen or diclofenac (for headaches) and betahistine (for dizziness).

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist