Got mild bleeding, feeling nausea, headache and hungry. Any suggestion?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Question: i have been getting nausea headache and feeling unusually hungry my period only came for two days last week and was very light
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 minutes later

Some women may get bleeding during expected date of periods even being pregnant.
So better to check for pregnancy once. You can go for urine test or blood test for pregnancy.
And also check your blood pressure once, because high blood pressure can lead to headache, nausea, giddiness etc.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 minutes later
i was told by the chemist it is too soon to do a pregnacy test as my last period was december 24th and last week only two days which it was not due until today and the chemist said in therory i would only be two weeks so it wont show up on pregnancy test is this correct my blood pressure is fine at the moment my gp checked it for me when will i get a proper reading from a pregnacy urine test is the chemist right and could you help me on when its right to do one i misscarried last year didnot realise i was pregnant and done a test and was 6 weeks my self and my husband dont use protection
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 27 minutes later

As your last period was on 24th Dec, the bleeding you had on last week could be implantation bleeding in case of pregnancy positivity.
You wait for one more week and then go for urine test for pregnancy which can give accurate result at that time or you can go for blood test for pregnancy now.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.