Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

185 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Got knee injury. Found swelling and fluid moving around lower leg. Suggest some cure

Answered by
Dr. Vineet Saggar

Neurologist, Surgical

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 173 Questions

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: 2 weeks ago I banged my XXXXXXX on a hard object (terracotta flower pot) and since then have a bubble about an inch in diameter of fluid next to the wound. It does not hurt to walk but I am aware of the fluid moving around my lower leg. My ankle is slightly swollen all the time and more so at night. I woulld like to know if there is something I can do to get rid of the fluid?

Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 5 hours later
Dear Friend,

Fluid is actually liquefied haematoma, nothing needs to be done for that though it can be aspirated with a needle but that caries risk of infection. So let it resolve with time.

Hope this answers your query. Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on