Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Got kicked in pubic bone area, felt bruised and swollen. Taking naproxen and paracetamol but no help. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 150 Questions
Got kicked in pubic bone area Friday night. Saturday felt just badly bruised but by Sunday eve swollen near left pubic bone area and pain kept me awake. Mon starting taking 2 naproxen daily as had some for old neck problem and paracetomol but again kept me awake. Today have taken 3 naproxens..paracetomol and 2hrs ago a co codamyl but pain is getting worse..very swollen and hot. What else can I do?
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Moustafa Saeed 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Apply ice

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for your question.

I will recommend to put some ice wrapped in towel over the swollen area for 10 - 15 minutes 3 -4 times per day.

Co-codamol 2 tablets 4 times per day with the Ibuprofen 400mg three times per day for 3 days should be enough. but do not take the Naproxen and paracetamol with them.

You might have had a haematoma (bleeding in soft tissue) which takes time to improve, but sometimes can get infected and you will need antibiotics for it or even surgery if it changed into abscess.

Other option is fracture, for which you need x-ray to confirm it. So it is best to visit your doctor at the earliest to rule out a fracture or hematoma.

Hope this answers your question, in case you have further concerns, please do write back to me.

Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor