Got itchy rash on beltline and behind arms. How to get rid of this?

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Skin Rash
Question: over the summer, i got a beltline rash & rash behind both arms.
after using over-the-counter remedies, the rash behind my arms wet away, and the beltline rash subsided.. but now the beltline rash has re-appeared on the opposite side of the previous rash..it is itchy, and now a small boil has formed within it. the affected area is about 4"x1".... i had exema as a child, but none since, i am 41yr
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 17 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Kindly attach picture of affected skin area, if possible.
With the described details, there could be possibility of infected eczematous dermatitis which is getting precipitated by warm summer season and frequent sweating.
As such there is no correlation between medicine used for control of lipid disorders and skin pathology.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ dermatologist and should go for thorough check up.
There is some allergy components behind these type of skin pathologies.
You should take antiallergic tablets along with steroid ointment for local applications.
You should wear soft cotton cloths and use sun scream lotion.
Avoid application of soap at affected skin area.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava