Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Got hit on temple area. Noticed bump and getting pain in jaw. Should I consult a doctor?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5570 Questions
My 4 yr old son threw a plastic sippy cup hard and it struck me hard just above the left hurt like crazy immediately after now the pain has subsided some but it has made my jaw achy and I do have a goose egg where it hit other symptoms. Is this ok or should I go to Dr?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 25 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are suggestive of mild head injury and there is no need to worry.

As of now, you can take synmptomatic treatment such as ibuprofen tablets, and there is no need to go to a doctor.

However, if you develop any of the following warning symptoms, you should visit a doctor:

Severe headache,
severe dizziness,
blurring of vision,
fits or drowsiness, etc.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Got hit on temple area. Noticed bump and getting pain in jaw. Should I consult a doctor? 2 minutes later
Thank you for your quick response..I didn't think it was too serious but when I developed a goose egg and my jaw ached I thought is better check..slight headache but no nausea dizziness or vision or hearing difficulties..
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 minute later
Thank you for getting back.

Wishing you speedy return to complete normalcy,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine) DM (Neurology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor