Owl Image

Got hit on teeth. There is no pain or bleeding. Should I be worried?

Owl Image
Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda

Dentist

Question
Hello Dentist

Im a muscian and I was playing a concert last night; and a drunk man came directly against my microphone and the microphone came a little hard directly to one of my front teeth. It felt a little hard; but my tooth didnt change direction and I don't feel any pain and it didn't bleed. the tooth isn't loose either; i just didn't know if a tooth could take damage from something like that; because It didn't felt good.

Do you think I have anything to worry about ?

sincerely
XXXXXXX
Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX ,
thanks for writing to us,
Since the impact was not too hard and you did not experience any pain or bleeding after that, you need not worry.
Sometimes, a slight blow to the tooth causes temporary inflammation but that usually subsides on its own.
But I would like you to keep a check on the tooth for pain,swelling or change in its color( you should be looking out for a dark brown to gray color).
If you experience any of these signs and symptoms then I would advise you to seek dental attention.
On the whole, there is nothing to worry about.
I hope this answer was useful,
Let me know if you have any more concerns.
I wish you good luck for your future concerts and good health.