Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

128 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Got hit on hip. Feeling sore and no bruise appeared. How to get relief?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
I fell yesterday and I am a small boned woman who is 47 years old. I slipped on the sidewalk which was slick with rain. I hurt my right hip right away. However there is no bruise but really sore today. Should I be I cannot lay on my right side without being in pain.
Thank you,
Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later
Thank you for posting a query.

The symptoms you described indicates XXXXXXX damage. Considering your age, you should be careful. You may have injuries like a minimum femur fracture.

You need a thorough clinical examination and minimum investigation like X XXXXXXX of right hip joint. You should consult an orthopedic surgeon for clinical examination and for ordering required investigations and for further management.

Right now, for pain, you can take any diclofenac or ibuprofen to reduce pain. You should take a pantoprazole group of drug before taking the non steroidal anti inflammatory drug.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Got hit on hip. Feeling sore and no bruise appeared. How to get relief? 20 hours later
It has been 2 days still with no bruise...I can walk on it but extremely sore to the touch. I feel silly to go in and see a doctor for a bruised muscle. Do you think since there is no bruise that I should go see a doctor today just to be on the safe side?

Thank you,
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for writing back.

Sometimes mild crack in bone or tear of ligaments may not produce much symptoms. So, it is better to be on safe side. If there is any such injuries, in future, it will give you trouble. So, visit a doctor.

Hope you have your answers.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon