Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Got hit on head and big bump appeared. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 125 Questions
I hit my head last night there is a big bump and a dent in the middle of it should i go to the hospitall
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 2 hours later

There is history of injury to head but presumed that it was not associated with loss of consciousness, vomiting or any specific neurological complaint it appears to be a injury to scalp and/or skull bone. What you need is a check by general practitioner for a pain reliever and rest. You should consult the ER immediately in case of deterioration with the above symptoms.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor