Got hit on forehead and started pain. Suggest some cure

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Head Injuries
Question: My 6 year old fell off the bed and hit his forehead on the floor, now he complains that his forehead hurts every other day,this happened about 1&1/2 weeks ago.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 15 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that the symptoms in your child do not suggest any serious XXXXXXX injury to brain.

The most likely cause of his pain in the forehead could be external injury to soft tissues. This could take a few weeks to recover well.

If pain is troublesome, analgesics such as ibuprofen may be used.

If the symptoms do not subside in the next week or so, you can take him to the doctor and get a CT scan of head done.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist