Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Got hit and noticed big lump and swelling. How to get rid of it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
I got hit with a line drive hit by instantly got really swollen and huge. With RICE it has gotten much better..however it has been 3 months and still have big lump and swelling still occurs,,it is warm to touch..and now its really itchy and looks like I'm getting a rash only in the area i got hit??not sure why thats happening..should I get checked out??
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query,

However it has been too long for the swelling as it should have subsided by now. Such swelling results due to inflammation of the local area or hematoma formation which usually subsides within a month but if it didn't have subsided it means the inflammation yet not have subsided.

You actually haven't mentioned the area you got hit on. I suggest an examination to rule out the other reasons.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor