Got head injury, lump appeared, feeling dizzy, itchy and sore to touch. Chances of fractured skull?

Dr. Kulbir Singh

Posted on Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I fell over backwards last saturday and hit my head on concrete - I had a large lump Just SE of the crown (at about 7 oclock if looking down from above) that subsided the next day - I had a few dizzy spells next day and felt sick once but that subsided on that day. Since then I have felt ok. I've had no headaches or dizziness since then however my head is still very sore to touch at the point of impact and it sometimes itches around the same area - could there be a danger of fractured skull?
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query
I have read your query with diligence. As per detail explained by you in your query I do not think that there is any kind of fracture in the skull. Fracture itself a very painful condition and pain is continuous in it for about 2-3 weeks. Also fractures of skull at your age are mostly associated with symptoms of Head Injury. Because fractured bone cause contusion of the head inside.

If you want to clear your doubt you can go for X-ray skull or CT head to rule out any fracture. Feel free to consult your doctor.

As per the soreness and itching is concerned it is due to the site of injury. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to get rid from it. In addition to this do hot fermentation and apply local gel at the site.

Hope I have answered your query. Write back for any follow up query.
Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh