Got head injury and started getting severe pain in temple area. How to get relief?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Head Injuries
Question: I fell down when my heel caught on a piece of ice. I hit my head on the lower to mid back of it. When it hit pain radiated across the front of my head and I have a dull throbbing at my temples but minimal pain in back, big knot though. What should I do for it?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
The pain you are experiencing  is common after a hit on the head.
For the knot,you can apply ice locally and for pain ,you may take ibuprofen 600 mg three times a day.
However there are few signs after a head injury which warrant a medical attention and they are
Persistent headache,persistent vomiting, confusion,loss of memory,seizures or bleeding or discharge from ear or nose.
If you experience any of them,then you should immediately go to ER.
in the absence of above mentioned signs,person becomes all right in next few days.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Bet of luck
Thanks