Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Got head injury and started getting severe pain in temple area. How to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I fell down when my heel caught on a piece of ice. I hit my head on the lower to mid back of it. When it hit pain radiated across the front of my head and I have a dull throbbing at my temples but minimal pain in back, big knot though. What should I do for it?
Posted Sun, 6 Jan 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Thanks for the query.
The pain you are experiencing  is common after a hit on the head.
For the knot,you can apply ice locally and for pain ,you may take ibuprofen 600 mg three times a day.
However there are few signs after a head injury which warrant a medical attention and they are
Persistent headache,persistent vomiting, confusion,loss of memory,seizures or bleeding or discharge from ear or nose.
If you experience any of them,then you should immediately go to ER.
in the absence of above mentioned signs,person becomes all right in next few days.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Bet of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor