Got head injury. Swelling appeared and started getting headache. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Head Injuries
Question: I had bumped into another person while playing football yesterday nd there is a little swelling on my head. I started feeling headache since yesterday night, it has been paining too much and is there throughout the night. Do I have to be concerned about it ?? And what am I supposed to do?? What might have exactly caused such high pain headache ?? I havnt been able to sleep either all night.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 15 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
Concussion is a possibility.

If the headache is peresistent or if there is loss of consciousness, persistent vomiting, seizures or imbalance while walking, get medical attention.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini