Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Got head injury. Started getting headache and swelling appeared. Cause of concern?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
I fell yesterday and hit my head/temple on the edge of a coffee table. It is swollen and I still have a minor head ache. I am a 63 year old female.
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 15 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Head trauma is always very XXXXXXX kind of injury. It is because you never know if the brain has been injured or not. Moreover, temple is kind of weakest part of the skull. And with age vessels are getting weaker and rupture of it becomes more possible.
All this facts together indicate that you should have some diagnostics. Head ache can be caused by soft tissues trauma but it can be also a result of brain injury. Other symptoms which you should be aware of are nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, tiredness.
It is advisable at your case to visit your doctor and have your head checked with CT.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor