Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Got head injury. Getting headache and swelling appeared. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 349 Questions
day before yesterday my wife had a slip in teh bathroom and she hit her head on teh wall on the right side peak of her head. she got a swelling there and we applied ice for about ten minutes immediately...she said she is fine. but today she is having a bad headache and its spread till her right ear. Please advise what i need to do
Posted Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 3 hours later
The headache following the injury over the head warrants examination by a doctor. Sometimes XXXXXXX injuries to the brain may manifest after hours. Since she is conscious and is not having nausea, vomiting so it doesn't appear to be that serious. After examination by doctor a CT scan of the head may be required. The CT scan can reveal any major injury to the brain.
Simple analgesics can be taken for headache till then.
Hope that answers your query. If there are more queries, i will be happy to answer.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor