Got head injury. Getting headache and swelling appeared. What should I do?

Dr. Piyush Ostwal

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: day before yesterday my wife had a slip in teh bathroom and she hit her head on teh wall on the right side peak of her head. she got a swelling there and we applied ice for about ten minutes immediately...she said she is fine. but today she is having a bad headache and its spread till her right ear. Please advise what i need to do
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 3 hours later
The headache following the injury over the head warrants examination by a doctor. Sometimes XXXXXXX injuries to the brain may manifest after hours. Since she is conscious and is not having nausea, vomiting so it doesn't appear to be that serious. After examination by doctor a CT scan of the head may be required. The CT scan can reveal any major injury to the brain.
Simple analgesics can be taken for headache till then.
Hope that answers your query. If there are more queries, i will be happy to answer.
Good luck.